News in RSS formatRSS Feed
Frequently Asked Questions.Board FAQ
Rules & DisclaimerRules&Disclaimer
Members of our staffStaff
Contact information for Al BrooksContact Us

Manage your own cookiesMy Cookies
Tell your friends about this great site.Tell A Friend
Articles
Playing recorded videos on an android tablet?

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
Hicupp
231 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:10 pm   Post subject:  Playing recorded videos on an android tablet? Back to top 

Just bought a Asus Transformer Prime tablet. Android operating system. I thought (incorectly) that I could play the recorded videos. There is not a "Windows Media Player" download for the android. Does anyone use another player that works with this??
Thanks, Hicupp

Download Post   
RichardHK
14218 Points

Hong Kong
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:49 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The VLC for Android player is still in alpha testing but you can search the net and pick this up to try.

Moboplayer seems to be very popular, and likely good, but not tested myself for WMV. Available in Android market.

Let us know how you get on. I may get a Windows tablet later when Windows 8 is available.

Download Post   
Hicupp
231 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:47 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks Richard, I tried Moboplayer. Will not play wmv files from BPA recorded videos. Will try VLC next and will let you know.

Download Post   
funkybudha
2734 Points

Switzerland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:58 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I've converted them so that I can watch them on my iPad. I had to convert them to MP4.

Download Post   
Hicupp
231 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:22 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Ok, VLC does not yet have anything (that I could find). funkybudha, how do I convert a wmv file to MP4???

Download Post   
ricky.ricx
13599 Points

Indonesia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Mar 17, 2012 2:17 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

to convert file format, google format factory, and... windows VLC can't play Al's wmv right? i don't know with VLC for android.

Download Post   
Hicupp
231 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Mar 17, 2012 12:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

All of the VLC programs in android market are "remote" programs. I tried playing a video from an email in WMV format. Played fine with the player that came with the tablet, Mobo player would not play it.
Ricky, I am right now trying to convert a saved BPA video to MP4 right now, going really slow. Is that how you convert with format factory?

Download Post   
ricky.ricx
13599 Points

Indonesia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Mar 17, 2012 8:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

hm... i don't know why it slow, this is what i mean: http://www.formatoz.com/download.html

Download Post   
RichardHK
14218 Points

Hong Kong
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Mar 17, 2012 9:57 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Sorry guys.

The desktop VLC does not play WMV which shocked me! Just tried to be sure. I should have tested this before assuming an Android beta would do so. Head hung in shame. Sad

Lots of free convertors out there on the net. This one will do job and is well respected. Has a free version that includes a nag which is easy enough to ignore if you do not want to buy it...
http://www.winavi.com/wmv-to-mp4.htm

I use expensive video editing software (Vegas Pro) for this job when needed as do video production projects now and again.

Download Post   
funkybudha
2734 Points

Switzerland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

hicupp -

as richard said, there are a lot of free converters out there. I don't remember the one i used because it was quite a while ago, but i know that it took about 1 to 2 hours for the software to convert each video.

Download Post   
Hicupp
231 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Mar 18, 2012 11:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks for all of your input. I will check out the winavi as soon as I am able. I just looked up "Go to Webinar" to find out, yes wmv is the prefered file from them. And that webinars are recorded in there own GoToMeeting codec and then converted to wmv for distribution to us. Question to admin?? Is there any easier format to be viewed on Apple or Android tablets? I now know wmv cant be viewed without much pain and suffering. I cant be the only one with this issue.
Thanks much,

Download Post   
Hicupp
231 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 28, 2012 6:48 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

New update. Bought Al's new "Trading Course" and love it. Took a module and dropped onto a micro SD card on my laptop. Plugged that into my Asus tablet. Viola, plays with "MX player" just fine on the tablet. All 53 modules are only about 5 GB. Next I tried the same thing with Al's daily download. At first only got audio. There is a button on the top of the screen on MX player "h/w or s/w. Make sure its on s/w and it works great. Also a bonus, MX player saves your place where you stopped, Windows media player on my laptop does not. Color me happy!

Download Post   
fuzzy
1881 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:45 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hicupp wrote (View Post): › New update. Bought Al's new "Trading Course" and love it. Took a module and dropped onto a micro SD card on my laptop. Plugged that into my Asus tablet. Viola, plays with "MX player" just fine on the tablet. All 53 modules are only about 5 GB. Next I tried the same thing with Al's daily download. At first only got audio. There is a button on the top of the screen on MX player "h/w or s/w. Make sure its on s/w and it works great. Also a bonus, MX player saves your place where you stopped, Windows media player on my laptop does not. Color me happy!

Thanks for the info. I tried MX Player on Kindle Fire HD. It plays the Trading Course and Webinar videos. But it stops after 30-60 seconds. It seems some ads interrupted the video playing. I am not sure where the ads come from. Do you see ads when you play the video? If not, it must be the ads from Amazon.

Download Post   
Hicupp
231 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 01, 2012 11:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

On MX player, I only see ads when paused. I presume MX has a paid version without ads? Hopefully for a small price.

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic