Frequently Asked Questions.Board FAQ
Rules & DisclaimerRules&Disclaimer
Members of our staffStaff
Contact information for Al BrooksContact Us

Manage your own cookiesMy Cookies
Tell your friends about this great site.Tell A Friend
Articles
Free Live Webinar at Candlestick Trading Forum Oct 15th 8PM

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BPAAdmin
Site Admin
222064 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 01, 2012 6:16 am   Post subject: Calendar event Free Live Webinar at Candlestick Trading Forum Oct 15th 8PM
Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:00 pm

Al is presenting a live webinar on Monday, October 15th, at 8PM ET
at the Candlestick Trading Forum.

The topic is Trade Management Based on Initial and Actual Risk.

Follow this link to register (it says Oct 4 but will work for today's webinar)
https://candlestickforum.infusionsoft.com/app/form/oct4-brooks-webinar

Last edited by BPAAdmin on Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 5 times in total

Download Post   
popwarner
10343 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

this looks interesting because honestly i've never really understood how its mathematically ok to change your target based on a small or larger pullback after initial entry.

hopefully he'll explain the logic behind it.

Download Post   
popwarner
10343 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 01, 2012 2:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

just to be more specific.. this is my question.

if i take 20 similar trades with similar risk (2pt signal bar) and i assume they all have a 60% chance of working then i would expect to win 12, lose 8.

if risk was 2 pts i would gross +8 pts.

but if i scalp out of say 6 of my winners with 1 pt because they only pulled back 2 ticks and then shot in my direction then i gross 2 pts (6-1pt, 6 -2pt, and 8-2pt losers) and add in 5 dollars commision per contract and now you are break even.

Download Post   
bend
30068 Points

United Kingdom
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:04 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

+1 for pop's question, and for this being a great topic for a webinar cos it hurts my head too!

pop, one thing that helped me a little was to consider that the market doesn't care where my original stop is. I could use a 10pt money stop and a 10pt target, but at some point I probably would want to trail my stop up to a technical level. If I decided that was the EB, and I wouldn't want the market to go below that again, then my risk reduces from 10pt (theoretical) to perhaps 2t (the pullback so far).
Scalping all out at 2t I still don't see works toward a profitable trader's equation, as you've described, but if a trader is swinging half his position then taking 2t profit at that point on the scalp half guarantees that the trade can't become a loser, but leaves the swing runner to get some upside. So I guess that could work for a trader who wants to aggressively reduce his risk and not sit through a deeper pullback, and who is confident enough in his read to get away with doing it?
But, yeah, I'll be very happy to hear Al's discussion.

BPAAdmin, do you know if the webinar will be recorded? Can't see any sign of it mentioned on the host site, but it will be 1am my time so I'd better get some seriously good coffee in if it isn't. Thanks.

Download Post   
BPAAdmin
Site Admin
222064 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 01, 2012 3:25 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I don't know if it is being recorded, I have nothing to do with this webinar.

Download Post   
fuzzy
1881 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 01, 2012 4:11 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

popwarner wrote (View Post): › just to be more specific.. this is my question.

if i take 20 similar trades with similar risk (2pt signal bar) and i assume they all have a 60% chance of working then i would expect to win 12, lose 8.

if risk was 2 pts i would gross +8 pts.

but if i scalp out of say 6 of my winners with 1 pt because they only pulled back 2 ticks and then shot in my direction then i gross 2 pts (6-1pt, 6 -2pt, and 8-2pt losers) and add in 5 dollars commision per contract and now you are break even.

What if two of the eight 2pt loser actually allow you to scalp out for 1pt before hitting the -2pt stop? Now you have 8 trades for +1pt, 6 trades for +2pt, 6 trades for -2pt. Total = 8x1 + 6x2 - 6x2 = 8 pts.

Download Post   
Chile
242 Points

Congo
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:00 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I am not going to trade for one tick and 2 tick trades. it is easy to go for huge wins like $10,000 per contract in like gold and silver.

I can not believe that anyone is even having this conversation.

Download Post   
bend
30068 Points

United Kingdom
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:16 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The webinar host says it will be recorded

Download Post   
BPAAdmin
Site Admin
222064 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:20 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Any idea who will have access to the recording?

Download Post   
bend
30068 Points

United Kingdom
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Oct 02, 2012 2:35 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I tried to ask that several times, but couldn't get a clear answer beyond 'registration is free for all webinars' and that it was being recorded. I can't see an example on their website, so it is a concern, but I gave up at the fourth email.

Download Post   
muller
2065 Points

Germany DE Baden Wurttemberg
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 03, 2012 3:45 am   Post subject:  Re: Free Live Webinar at Candlestick Trading Forum Oct 4th 8 Back to top 

For me it would be 2 am in the night.
I guess, after the webinar is over everybody who's signed up for it will be sent a link to call up the recording.
It's been like this with all my previous webinars, wether I did attend them or not.
However, I asked, too and haven't got confirmation yet.

Download Post   
amazinday
21731 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 03, 2012 6:06 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I'll miss it too due to another conflict. I didn't see any indication that the website archives the recordings on the website. Of course, I couldn't look in the premium section (subscription).

I noticed Big Mike has Al listed as an upcoming speaker for their elite members.

Download Post   
popwarner
10343 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:25 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

just logged on, looks to be about 87 people already in the room.

Download Post   
popwarner
10343 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 04, 2012 3:26 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

and it says something about having a "link to tonights recording emailed to you" tomorrow

Download Post   
BPAAdmin
Site Admin
222064 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 05, 2012 6:49 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Fyi, the webinar was cancelled due to technical problems. It will be rescheduled for sometime in the near future.

Download Post   
Mike_SF
129 Points

USA CA Yukon
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 07, 2012 10:33 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Al,
Why are doing business with this site? This guy is the exact type of useless information 'hustler' you rant about. His offer after the recent webinar problems was to offer a useless $200 training course for only $47...and still useless. You do yourself a disservice with this association. Sorry for the negative feedback but I was shocked at what a hustler this guy is.

Download Post   
underslop
3777 Points

Romania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 07, 2012 11:23 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

amazinday wrote (View Post): › I'll miss it too due to another conflict. I didn't see any indication that the website archives the recordings on the website. Of course, I couldn't look in the premium section (subscription).

I noticed Big Mike has Al listed as an upcoming speaker for their elite members.

I don't understand this. I pay 100$ every month for Al's daily webinar and now I have to pay 50$ to this "Big Mike" guy for what? If we have to pay money for webinars, why doesn't Al do webinars for his members, even if we have to pay extra? I will not give any money to this "Big Mike"! I prefer to miss a webinar!

Download Post   
bend
30068 Points

United Kingdom
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:00 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

BPAAdmin usually posts a link to access the BMT webinars without charge

Download Post   
BPAAdmin
Site Admin
222064 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:09 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Al usually has a deal where people have to be able to access these webinars for free.

Download Post   
BPAAdmin
Site Admin
222064 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:42 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Big Mike has assured me that members of this site will get free access to the webinar. The webinar will be on January 14th and I will post details a few weeks before the event.

Download Post   
BPAAdmin
Site Admin
222064 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:44 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

The Candlestick Trading Forum webinar has been rescheduled for Monday, October 15th, at 8PM Eastern time, 5PM Pacific.

Download Post   
anituchka
2478 Points

Canada CA British Columbia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 11, 2012 10:32 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

underslop wrote (View Post): ›
amazinday wrote (View Post): › I'll miss it too due to another conflict. I didn't see any indication that the website archives the recordings on the website. Of course, I couldn't look in the premium section (sub.scription).

I don't understand this. I pay 100$ every month for Al's daily webinar and now I have to pay 50$ to this "Big Mike" guy for what? If we have to pay money for webinars, why doesn't Al do webinars for his members, even if we have to pay extra? I will not give any money to this "Big Mike"! I prefer to miss a webinar!

Bigmiketrading.com Elite section is a GREAT resource. I have never paid for any forum but this one has been an exception. It is only a one time fee but what you get in return is priceless. I downloaded a couple of years worth of data from their Elite section, this alone would have cost me more than a couple hundred dollars.

Download Post   
amazinday
21731 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Oct 12, 2012 1:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

@anituchka
What type of data did you find useful from BMT Elite section?

Download Post   
BoiseBoy
331 Points

USA US New York
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:32 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Any idea if this is happening tonight? It is not listed on Bigelow's site.

Download Post   
BPAAdmin
Site Admin
222064 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:22 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Al says it is still on. I am trying to get a registration link.

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic