Frequently Asked Questions.Board FAQ
Rules & DisclaimerRules&Disclaimer
Members of our staffStaff
Contact information for Al BrooksContact Us

Manage your own cookiesMy Cookies
Tell your friends about this great site.Tell A Friend
Articles
Comments from Webinar Demo

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
mbradley
982 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Dec 06, 2009 7:17 am   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

Based on what I saw on Friday, I would not change a thing. I like it just as it is. No fluff - just Al discussing the market.

Download Post   
bojia88
1771 Points

USA US Maryland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Dec 06, 2009 8:04 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Al's sound came in clear. Very good real time analysis on the mkt. It is a good place to learn how to read the mkt and formulate trading plan bar by bar. Definitely will be subscribing it to the webnar and recommend to everyone who wants to trade better.

Download Post   
Tralee
61 Points

USA US Nevada
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Dec 06, 2009 9:07 am   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

I thought the webinar was very informative. It was great to hear Dr. Brook explain the current movement that was happening and what he foresee the movement to be and why. I have never attended anything like it. I can not wait to see how we proceed.

Thank you for taking the time to do this. If we can utilize the time you have slotted for us to learn it would be most advantageous.

Download Post   
idolinin
60 Points

Canada CA Ontario
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:09 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I definitely like the way it goes. But with all my respect to Al, i must say i can't trade while listening and watching what Al does. It would be better for me to watch the recording of the webinar after hours, especially some extraordinary, at Al's opinion, days. I am willing to pay extra for the access to the archive, or pay separate fee for the access to the archive only. I would prefer paying for each recording separately though.

42 Points

Canada CA Alberta
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 07, 2009 8:10 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

First day in the room today.

The quiet relaxed format with Al speaking only when he has a point to bring up is great. It will definitely help with learning and reinforcing the many principles Al teaches in his book. No trouble hearing Al, although at times the sound seemed a bit broken up, like there was an electrical interference problem.

I agree somewhat with the previous poster, in that listening to Al had an influence on the way I perceived the set-ups that I saw, and may have affected some of the trading decisions I made today.Will need more time to determine if this will negatively impact me or not in the long run. I've always avoided trading chat rooms for this reason.

That being said, the webinar will still be a great learning tool. I'm sure it will benefit me and everyone else that participates in it.

Download Post   
tapesense
222 Points

USA US Hawaii
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:26 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Really enjoying this and I think Al is going to enjoy it as well. Confusing when a user asked question, I thought Al was being kept from having distractions like that. I don't think everyone being able to talk makes sense, a chat window, already a part of the gotomeeting setup, will allow users to talk, ask questions but it can be ignored when Al is trading, allow users to focus on just what Al says too. The forum or irc isn't as good as a simple chat window that you get when you log in ..

Download Post   
BPAAdmin
Site Admin
222064 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 08, 2009 11:47 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

tapesense wrote (View Post): › Really enjoying this and I think Al is going to enjoy it as well. Confusing when a user asked question, I thought Al was being kept from having distractions like that. I don't think everyone being able to talk makes sense, a chat window, already a part of the gotomeeting setup, will allow users to talk, ask questions but it can be ignored when Al is trading, allow users to focus on just what Al says too. The forum or irc isn't as good as a simple chat window that you get when you log in ..

I understand the issue. It won't be happening again. sorry.

Download Post   
GraceUnderPressure
741 Points

Singapore
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:43 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have been following the webinars for several hours a day since Monday. They are terrific. Al’s 20+ years of trading the ES shows through clearly. His real time predictions of what the market might do next are uncanny. The webinar format, in my opinion, is a fabulous way to learn Al’s trading style. The audio could be better, but I am quite willing to live with it.

I believe opportunities like this come very, very rarely so I am going to squeeze as much as I can out of these webinars even if it means sacrificing some trading time in the Asian markets.

Download Post   
Frank
30 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:01 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I like the chat room. Al does a great job of providing a real-time analysis of what's happening in the markets and it really helps to see his charts as he talks. I'm very impressed with the set-up and will be joining the subscription service when that begins.

Download Post   
lo
1873 Points

Andorra
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:00 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have been able to view his webinar only once.
Al is superbe. I really liked how he can see how the
market goes.

I learn better by doing, so I will be trading on my simulator while Al is talking.

What could be improved:
- Improving the audio would really help
- Let Al talk quietly, and let us have a way to send our questions. Whenever Al feels like it, he may want to use these questions to add to his explanations.
- Recording the whole webinar, as well as the questions/answer sessions would be extremely useful as I would like to review my trades and correct these using Al's explanations.

Though I am only a beginner, I intend to pay to watch Al as he is an fabulously profitable trader.
It is so rare to see a trader who can make money, that I do not want to miss the opportunity.

Download Post   
terratec
93 Points

Switzerland
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Dec 12, 2009 7:56 am   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

I went three times through the book (which is a hard and slow read) and I am trading in a way like Al Brooks does.

I spent some days in the demo webinar which is a great place for education.
But I am trading for a living and in those days my profits came down. There is too much distraction when Al is speaking and showing things on the charts while I am deciding about the trade.

For an active trader recorded Q&A with a day summary – something like Al does in the room at the end of the day - or a weekend webinar with some highlights of the last days would make more sense for me.

Download Post   
BPAAdmin
Site Admin
222064 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sat Dec 12, 2009 8:38 am   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

terratec wrote (View Post): ›
For an active trader recorded Q&A with a day summary – something like Al does in the room at the end of the day - or a weekend webinar with some highlights of the last days would make more sense for me.

I am glad to hear you are doing well trading Al's methods. At the end of the day Al will usually do a summary and take questions at least a few times a week. You can just join the webinar for the last half hour to get that.

Download Post   
fredblogs
323 Points

United Kingdom
PostYou have posted in this forum: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:01 am   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

The brooks trading room is brilliant.

I strongly feel that to allow questions from traders during trading hours would be detrimental to the relaxed atmosphere.

The QA session at the end of the trading day is also brilliant.

thanks Al for sharing

trade safe every-one

Download Post   
calam1
407 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:35 pm   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

I have been listening to Al's webinar and also would love it if it were recorded so that I can catch up on some of the commentary that I missed during the day. Some people listen to music while they work, I listen to Al Smile

One thing I wish people stop asking Al, at least stop incessantly asking him, is what trades he took. It appears that it is starting to get on his nerves when he takes questions at the end of the day, maybe I am wrong, but it is a feeling I get while listening.

It is a great opportunity to have this access to Al's thinking as the market unfolds.

Download Post   
Hephaestus
1361 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:06 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

For those who want a recording, go buy Camtasia Studio. The recorder does an excellent job. I start recording as soon as Al starts and then go off to work. I stop the recording when I get home (unfortunately, it does not have a feature to stop based on a timer), then I cut off the excess portion from the end, plus any long sections without any commentary. (It has a visual editor, very much like Windows Movie Maker).
You can size the webinar window down to 640x320 to keep a day's file size to about 140MB for one day, yet the charts are still quite legible. Full size at 1280x640 makes a huge file, about 2GB!
Being a webinar, with very little screen action, I keep the frame-rate down to 4fps to reduce file size & prefer to allocate the file size on audio quality instead.

Edit: And before anyone even asks... "No", I will not send you my recordings. The content on them is not mine to share.

387 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:08 am   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

Hephaestus,
You bring up an option I had not thought of being in a similar situation of being at work when the room was open. Can anyone tell me when the room opens so I can tell if I would be able to start recording at the time I leave for work?

Download Post   
Hephaestus
1361 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:05 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

This week the link has been available right around 8CST. The webinar opens a new window shortly after. You'll need to be available to start the recorder then, unless you just start recording your entire screen as soon as the link is avaialble. You'll need a pretty big hard drive and a decent processor with lots of memory to do this, but you can then edit the size of the file down substantially once you get home.
I've done this once with Camtasia and it ran perfectly.(I've tried MANY recorders in the past for recording webinars and was disappointed with all of the others... typically, the video was choppy or I couldn't get sound to record). I have an AMD TL-60 laptop with 4G ram, FYI.
What I've done is bought a second monitor. I run the webinar on it and record, that way I can still use my main screen. The first day I recorded, I couldn't use my computer all day without such a setup. Rolling Eyes
There's a tremendous benefit to watching real-time. You get a real feel for the tempo of the market in a way that you don't when watching a recording where you can fast-forward past the boredom. I think that's a very important part that is often not discussed... the experience that comes with lots of screen time.

Site Admin
222064 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:25 am   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

I hope to have information next week on making recordings available to subscribers. There are some volunteers that have approached me on doing this. I wouldn't want to see people needlessly spend money on Camtasia all to do the same thing.

Download Post   
GraceUnderPressure
741 Points

Singapore
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:39 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

While many people need to be at work, there are also those of us who should be in bed! Recordings will certainly be a welcome addition.

Download Post   
Mick
387 Points

USA US Illinois
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 18, 2009 3:13 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thanks for the feedback. Will wait to hear more on possible availability of recordings.

Download Post   
szubaark
563 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:07 pm   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

Yes Recordings would be VERY HELPFUL.I would do my own but my computer isnt powerful enough. Recording will help with later review if someone cant watch all day due to work,vacations,lunch breaks....etc.

Download Post   
calam1
407 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:59 am   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

Any updates on the recordings??? I have Camtasia to record the trading day so I can play it back and try to learn from the day. The problem with the webinar is that I am already on my way to work when the webinar link is posted, so unfortunately I can't record it at home.

Download Post   
TK9
114 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 23, 2009 9:58 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

GotoToWebinar says that their software has a recording capability built in. It should be accessible from the menu, but apparently ours is disabled or something because I do not see it on the menu for the webinar application.

Also, I am using Camtasia to record the webinars. In order to not require dedicating one of my screens to recording, I just installed Camtasia in a Virtual PC image and record the webinar in the Virtual PC image. I am running on an older single processor laptop, so I adjust the priority of the Virtual PC thread to "Above Normal" to alleviate problems with the audio getting mangled by other processes.

If you are unable to be around to start recording the meetings, maybe you could use something like GotoMyPC to log into your home PC from work to start the webinar and Camtasia. Make sure you turn off your screen saver as this will cause Camtasia to not record the screen.

Download Post   
Hephaestus
1361 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 23, 2009 11:49 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Those are some great suggestions.
As for the GTM recording capability, it's just for the host of the event, not attendees. The admin should be able to record though.
I never thought of using my virtual pc to record. I went and bought another small screen just so I could record these. Can you actually minimize the VPC and have it still record? (I'm using VMWare, btw). The problem I run into with a second screen is if I close the lid on my laptop, it messes up teh recording off the second monitor.
Another tool for accessing your PC remotely is a program called Team Viewer. And it is totally free for personal use.
Thanks to your suggestions, I'm going to get a RDP for my iPhone so I can remotely control Camtasia.

114 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 23, 2009 12:51 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I am using XP image in Virtual PC with VPC extensions and not in full screen mode. I can minimize the screen, and it still records just fine. I did have to turn off the screen saver inside the VPC or it messed up the recording. The only thing I have wired about my Camtasia recording is that it would not recognize my laptop speaker - probably a driver problem. Anyway, I just put a splitter (so I can still use my headphones) on the headphone port so that I could run a line in from the headphone port to the microphone port and record the audio that way.

Have not tried this with VMWare, so I don't know if that will work. VPC 2007 is here:http://www.microsoft.com/windows/virtual-pc/support/virtual-pc-2007.aspx

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic