Staff
Contact Us

My Cookies
Tell A Friend
Articles

DallasStarsFan
Subject: Question Assistance with TS Bar Counter Needed
Greetings all,

I am new to this site and this is my first post. I have a quick question for anyone using the bar counter eld for Trade Station.

I have imported the eld, bit it displays the bar count in the chart on top of the candles. I have attempted to format the counter so the bar count is displayed in sub-graph 3 or 4 (not in 1 with the candles.) I've played with the settings as much as I can, but I can't find the correct combination to display the bar count at the bottom as Al does in his daily summary. If anyone has there bar counter set up as Al does would you be willing to post a screen shot of the "inputs" and "Scaling" tabs? My assumption is that something is off here. Any other suggestions will also be appreciated.

Many thanks!

Bart

amazinday
Subject:  
Different versions of the eld have different inputs. But the TextLocation or the InTextLocation should be set to the price. I use L-0.25 to put the text on the price axis just below each bar which staggers the text. That keeps me from adjusting it each day. To get the same as Al, you need to use an exact price level such as 1065. Then you change the price level daily depending on the chart's low. You can play with the offset levels too -- anywhere from 0.0 to 1.50.

Scaling doesn't matter. The scale on should be "same as underlying data". And the sub-graph should be same as your chart -- 1.

I haven't posted a screen shot because my setup is different than Al's.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: