Brooks Price Action :: Al Brooks Price Action Website

Brooks Price ActionBrooks Price ActionCan't get into Live Chat

#1:  Can't get into Live Chat Author: gcaldridge Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 23, 2011 10:44 am

I have tried to get into Live Chat with Explorer, Chrome, and Pidgin and read each entry in the Forum. Nothing I do works. Does anyone have a document detailing what needs to be done? If nobody does, I will do a followup e-mail with specific symptoms.

PS - I'm running the latest of everything on Windows 7.

#2:   Author: bend Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 23, 2011 11:48 am

I had problems with the java chat application too so now use xchat (free trial at xchat.org then a token one-off payment around £15).
Others use similar IRC clients, such as icechat or chatzilla. The latter is a firefox add-in.
You'll need the following that I copied from the chat link page:

SERVER: irc.othernet.org
CHANNEL: #BrooksPriceAction

Some clients seem to use the terminology a bit differently but once you get it to work you can setup an automatic login for future sessions.

#3:   Author: gcaldridge Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 23, 2011 12:49 pm

Got it working with Pidgin (free). It seems that:

1) I missed an error message which was ambiguous
2) It took about 2 minutes to load which I suspect is because of the IDENT port 113 warning when trying to launch from a browser.

Note for anyone else trying to use PIDGIN (and maybe any IRC product). You only need the server and channel (above). No password and the id can be anything, not necessarily your Brooks Id.

Thanks

Geoff

#4:  Re: Can't get into Live Chat Author: jammer7700 Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Dec 24, 2011 4:42 am

my macbook worked first time ... no problem

still can't get win7 to work .... haven't tried above yet

#5:   Author: ACS Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Dec 24, 2011 6:09 am

I was never able to get in from this web site and had to use Pidgin but even that doesn't work all the time for me. Some days I start it and it connects to Othernet right away but often it cannot connect and times out. Very odd.

#6:   Author: ricky.ricx Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:38 am

i've been using vIRC to chat, since 2010. And rarely unable to get in.
Brooks Price ActionBrooks Price ActionCan't get into Live Chat

Generated using printer-friendly.