Brooks Price Action :: Al Brooks Price Action Website

Brooks Price ActionUpcoming EventsAl Brooks at the Las Vegas Trader's Expo! (Updated 11-15) Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

#1:  Al Brooks at the Las Vegas Trader's Expo! (Updated 11-15)
From Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:00 am to Fri Nov 19, 2010 11:59 am (inclusive)
Author: BPAAdmin
Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 06, 2010 11:30 am

Al will be speaking in association with Futures Magazine at the Las Vegas Traders Expo on the morning of Friday November 18th.

11-19-2010 8:00 am - 9:00 am
Futures Magazine Presents: Inside E-Mini S&P Price Action with Al Brooks

Coined the trader's trader, Al Brooks in his first live event will recreate his successful day trading method step by step, adding insights on breakouts and climaxes. A regular contributor to Futures magazine, Al has a devoted following on his price action method and updates his trading on brookspriceaction.com regularly. This session will provide an intense hands-on education on short-term day trading of the e-mini S&P.

Al will be available after the speaking engagement at the Futures Magazine booth.

We are tentatively planning an early lunch with Al around 10:00am (schedule permitting) for members of the website to meet with him.

If you want to join the BrooksPriceAction members for an early
lunch in Las Vegas on Friday then please send an e-mail to lasvegaslunch@brookspriceaction.com

Last edited by BPAAdmin on Fri Nov 19, 2010 6:29 pm; edited 2 times in total

#2:   Author: jz166 Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 06, 2010 7:18 pm

can't wait, I will be there.

#3:   Author: Fire-Star Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:30 pm

really looking forward to this. To the organizers of the group, thanks again for awesome job you guys do.

#4:   Author: Rigel Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 07, 2010 7:29 am

Would love to meet him in Vegas, unfortunately it is a long way off from London:)))))

Perhaps if there enough of us here, we could invite him over next year.

#5:   Author: Big Oil Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 09, 2010 6:56 am

Hello Al,

Any chance you will speak at the NYC Expo?

Thanks

from al:
i am open to anything and am always looking for intellectual stimulation, but i have not been invited.

#6:   Author: Big Oil Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 09, 2010 8:21 am

Big Oil wrote: › Hello Al,

Thanks

from al:
i am open to anything and am always looking for intellectual stimulation, but i have not been invited.
Thanks Al,

I will fly to Las Vegas then.

See you there

Matt

#7:  Re: Al Brooks at the Las Vegas Trader's Expo! Author: fft Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Oct 09, 2010 3:07 pm

I would go IF Al would trade Real Time during the whole open session. With actual Profit/Loss in account showing. (It doesnt have to be his trading account,can Open one just for demonstration. 1 contract, nothing fancy) That way we could see how he Places his trades Real Time,his thought process. See his Concentration level or how relaxed he is. You cant see any of that stuff in the Live Webinar. Just see one day how the teacher trades Real Time.

from al:
i talked with FM about that and they were concerned that in the 40 minutes that they have allotted to me, there might not be enough trades and everyone would be bored or on edge, and i might end up focusing too much on my trading and not enough on their audience. i also told them if there was only one decent trade and it was a loser, everyone would feel bad, especially me. so instead they asked me for a formal presentation, 20 minutes of Q&A, and then to hang at their table for a little while. however, at some point down the line, i think i would be willing to trade live. i would probably want to do a handful of formal presentations first.

#8:   Author: jz166 Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:29 pm

sort of off the topic.

is Internet access available in workshop area in Vegas expo? Is it free?
thanks,

#9:   Author: BPAAdmin Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 11, 2010 5:30 am

This is what the website says:

The CyberCaf
Be sure you are on top of your trading positions by using the CyberCaf. Located in the Exhibit Hall, these computers allow you to access exhibiting company Web sites, check e-mail, and see whats happening in the marketsall without missing a minute of The Traders Expo.

I don't know if there will be a charge for it. The website says it is sponsored by FXDD so maybe it is free.

#10:   Author: bearmountain Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:31 am

Big Oil wrote (View Post): › Hello Al,

from al:

Al, Please consider at some point, perhaps shortly after publication of the 2nd Edition of your book, to hold your own conference or workshop. A day or two of live trading. You will find many of us would attend.

Thanks, All the best.

#11:   Author: gahome Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Oct 11, 2010 6:48 am

Hi Al, Would you consider holding a half day paid workshop in this conference to teach us all of the strategies that we have been learning from your chat room in one setting. I felt that I am still missing something in your chat room. I think it will help to wrap things up if you can teach us from setup to exit in an educational environment.

Thanks.

from al:
i have thought about this for years but my priority now is to make the new book as good as it possibly can be and i need at least another 400 hours to finish editing, proofing, etc. my problem with formal presentations is that they take time to prepare to make them interesting to the audience. eg, the vegas 40 min powerpt took more than 10 hours. for me to prepare 4 - 12 hours of powerpt would take a few hundred hours but i want to devote all my time to the new book for the time being. once it is out next year, i might work on presentations. part of my decision depends on the vegas lecture. if i feel that i cannot do it will enough to make it worthwhile for people, then i would not want to bore them further with an even longer presentation.

#12:   Author: KyHermit Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 13, 2010 4:00 pm

Trust me Al, you will not bore any serious traders!

#13:   Author: caltrader Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Oct 13, 2010 9:21 pm

BPAAdmin wrote (View Post): › This is what the website says:

The CyberCaf
Be sure you are on top of your trading positions by using the CyberCaf. Located in the Exhibit Hall, these computers allow you to access exhibiting company Web sites, check e-mail, and see whats happening in the marketsall without missing a minute of The Traders Expo.

I don't know if there will be a charge for it. The website says it is sponsored by FXDD so maybe it is free.

Yah these terminals always there. Not sure about Ceasar Palace but at Mandalay Bay you could access internet.

#14:   Author: phani Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 14, 2010 1:25 pm

Where can I get information for registration and fees etc..

Thanks in advance.

#15:   Author: caltrader Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Oct 14, 2010 2:28 pm

phani wrote (View Post): ›
Where can I get information for registration and fees etc..

Thanks in advance.

http://www.moneyshow.com/TradeShow/las_vegas/traders_expo/main.asp?scode=013104

or
TradersExpo.com

#16:   Author: JoLee Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:43 am

#17:  Re: Al Brooks at the Las Vegas Trader's Expo! Author: CaptainKirk Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:18 pm

Al,
I saw the request to watch you trade live... I learn visually, and seeing how you operate in your environment
would be invaluable. But doing it on stage. VERY HARD. I was at a seminar that did this. They allocated 2 days
for REAL-TIME trading... It was during the WORSE IBs on a daily basis you can imagine. I learned ONE thing.

Good traders wait for THEIR markets. But it was unbearable to watch NOTHING.

I have a different Idea, though (as always)... We already record ONE screen (charting). If we could see the
Order Placement Screen... And YOU, at the same time. RECORDED but maybe CONDENSED. For one day...

Of course, finish the book...

But this would be something you could do as: Only the first hour of trading. You could do it a couple of times,
and see the final result before agreeing to release it. Once it is setup, you could do a few of them, if you wanted.

I envision:
- Chart Screen
- Order Screen
- Web Cam to catch you moving around.

We would record them... Then after hours, synch them together, or at least edit out the beginning, so they
could be started at the same time.

The goal would be to give us all an insight into your environment, your focus and see the way you just trade,
and move on...

I would hope we could use the videos to go a bit Viral and get more attention for you, the book, and the site!

Glad to do whatever I can to help.

Kirk Out!

#18:  Re: Al Brooks at the Las Vegas Trader's Expo! Author: warrior Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Nov 09, 2010 4:51 pm

Thanks Captain Kirk, I think that will be really helpful if ok with Al.

#19:   Author: BPAAdmin Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:03 pm

I have had a number of discussions about things like this with Al. The problem is that once you start providing real trades and/or P&L you open yourself up to being audited by the National Futures Association. All it takes is one person complaining to the NFA to trigger this process. If they decide to audit you then they will force you to become a member and from then on you are subject to numerous regulations which place severe limits on what you can do without going through an approval process for things like a website change or putting out a video. Al is not going to do anything that places him at this sort of risk. It just isn't worth the headache and he would just as well go back to "hermit trading".

#20:   Author: CaptainKirk Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:25 pm

BPAAdmin, While I agree completely IF AL tried to do this in REAL-TIME. I am suggesting a DELAYED (very much delayed, as in DAYS old) feed of the process he goes through.

In NO WAY would I want to see his DOM in real-time, while the market is running. I am speaking about him recording what he does, maybe for 30 minutes to an hour. Then others can watch what a REAL PROFESSIONAL does. How he flows from one trade to the next.

I do not want to chase Al into hiding. I do not want him to extend himself more than he wants to. But this is clearly an alternative to the things being suggested.

Again, this is not real-time when it is released. There is no issue talking about the trades he took, just not suggesting what people should take.

I personally dont see how a video like this qualifies as a providing real trades, or CLAIMING some level of P&L.

I am just trying to think a bit outside the box to help get the word out. I think the community is good, but it seems pretty small. I can envision the day where Al Approved traders post BarByBar analysis across various instruments, and even update a month/weekly overview area for a few different markets.

#21:   Author: BPAAdmin Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:34 pm

It doesn't matter if it is real-time or not. The issue is providing data from actual trades of which someone could question the validity and complain to the NFA. Don't get me wrong, I would love to see this, too, but I don't think it is going to happen for the reasons stated above.

#22:   Author: jz166 Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:01 pm

I don't think this RT trading means a lot.
Al's trading ability is outstanding, nuff said.

#23:   Author: jz166 Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Nov 12, 2010 10:02 pm

btw, what's the plan for the lunch after Al's Presentation in Vegas?

#24:  Re: Al Brooks at the Las Vegas Trader's Expo! Author: BPAAdmin Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:45 am

If you want to join the BrooksPriceAction members for an early
lunch in Las Vegas on Friday (11-19) then please send an e-mail to lasvegaslunch@brookspriceaction.com

#25:   Author: KyHermit Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Nov 18, 2010 5:57 am

Will this presentation be broadcast online? It wasn't clear from the Expo's website.
Brooks Price ActionUpcoming EventsAl Brooks at the Las Vegas Trader's Expo! (Updated 11-15) Goto page 1, 2  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.