Contact Us

My Cookies
Tell A Friend
Articles

Poll :: Should QED stay or go?

YES - Let QED stay and freely post.
14%
 14%  [ 6 ]
NO - But let QED continue to read the posts.
16%
 16%  [ 7 ]
NO - Block QED and let's put this behind us once and for all.
69%
 69%  [ 29 ]
Voted : 42
Total Votes : 42

BPAAdmin
Subject:  ARBITRATION: Should QED stay or go? (an official vote)
[UPDATED 6-12-2015]

QED is back and wants his posts to be unmoderated. He is currently not banned from the website and has full access to read the Forums, he just can't post. 90% of the complaints that had been received last year were in relation to QED and Olga's antics. They have both said they don't think Al's trading style works. I can't figure out why either of them would want to stick around on a site where they disagree with the very purpose of the site itself (which is to help people learn BPA) other than to cause discord.

QED says,
Quote: › "I regret ever paying money to this site now that I see all of my comments are disabled, contrary to what is said in the arbitration thread."

According to my records, QED subscribed to the webinar for a single month back in 2013. Posting on this site has nothing to do with whether or not anyone subscribes to the webinar. All of QED’s old posts are still there and traders post here every day without ever giving a cent to Al Brooks. While everyone is generally able to post whatever they want, that doesn't mean there is some some inalienable right to free speech here. This site exists explicitly for helping traders to learn Al's BPA methods. Everyone who is here is a guest of the BPA website and is expected to act in a respectable manner.

The fact is, not every trading style is going to fit with everyone’s personality. While QED apparently couldn't make BPA work for himself, there clearly are people here who it does work for. But QED was sure that if it couldn't work for him that it couldn't work for anyone. This is QED's own problem and not anyone else’s. If someone doesn't like how Al trades then this clearly is not the place for them. What I can't allow is for any one person to become too much of a distraction to people who are trying to learn BPA (or to the moderators who also trade). Everyone here is an adult and they don't need someone babysitting their every move, which is what QED and Olga had done in the past.

[edited to add]Another moderated post came in from QED:

Quote: › "BPAAdmin seems clueless about BPA concepts when quizzed on IRC and refused to answer (suggesting no) whether he/she trades off the 1-15min chart timeframe when asked. Talk about a good bullsh*t story."
blah blah blah
bpaadmin - why don't u post your P&L and show us what timeframe u really trade off?

Well, which is it? Was I clueless or did I refuse to answer? QED is drawing conclusions which are unwarranted. As I stated in a PM to QED on IRC, I set this site up specifically to help people learn Al's trading style. I am not Al. I don't teach his trading style. When I made this site I decided that I would stay out of all trading discussions so as to not give the appearance of competing with Al, or conflicting with anything he says. My goal here is to keep Al happy and doing the webinar as long as he is willing, not to meet the needs of every single member who comes along. This is the best way for me to fulfill the purpose of this site. I have nothing to prove to anyone here about my own trading and I don't care if anyone thinks I trade or not. It is specifically because of QED's attitude, as illustrated above, that he was put on moderation. IMO, QED is a distraction to this site and uncharitable in his posts. Not a single person here owes him anything. He paid for a month of the webinar and he got his month. That is all he has ever been owed. If Al’s style doesn’t work for QED then he should cut his losses and move on. I was hoping that by putting him on moderation he would have the incentive to try something else, but he wants to push the issue and I'm fine with that.

All that being said, I understand that I am biased at this point, so it will put it up to a vote of the members as to whether or not QED can post again. The votes will only be counted for members who were here before December 2014. I will personally not be voting but I will automatically enter one YES vote from QED. Voting will be allowed for 5 days.

Original post:
Quote: › I'm going to give everyone a break for the holidays and put QED's and olga's posts on moderation for the rest of the year. I'll have to approve them before anyone else sees them. That should put an end to the trolling for awhile and all the complaints I have to address. They are not being banned or blocked from the website.

BPAAdmin
Subject:  Re: ARBITRATION: Should QED stay or go? (an official vote)
Here is QED's yes vote:

Image 4330

lllusion
Subject:  
If I could guess where the market's going as easily as I could guess where this is going I'd be rich. :lol:

BPAAdmin
Subject:  
I see that QED was able to vote after all, but I'll be a good sport and keep my YES vote in there.

QED
Subject:  
Typical primate pack psychology. Ban me now, my warmness for Al is overwhelming

BPAAdmin
Subject:  
That's right, it's not you, QED, it is everyone else.

BPAAdmin
Subject:  
QED, of course you could just leave if you are not happy here. I only pushed the vote because you kept nagging me and I'm tired of it.

Looking back, after 5 years I have never banned anyone, so your accusation of "mob mentality" is unwarranted. I had been asked to ban you numerous times last year and I didn't do it. Only three people have ever been put on moderation, including you and Olga. That's out of over 10,000 registered users. Oh and I saw that Olga made it back to vote. I can guess how that one went (not even I can't see how anyone votes).

QED
Subject:  
BPAAdmin wrote (View Post): › QED, of course you could just leave if you are not happy here. I only pushed the vote because you kept nagging me and I'm tired of it.

Looking back, after 5 years I have never banned anyone, so your accusation of "mob mentality" is unwarranted. I had been asked to ban you numerous times last year and I didn't do it. Only three people have ever been put on moderation, including you and Olga. That's out of over 10,000 registered users. Oh and I saw that Olga made it back to vote. I can guess how that one went (not even I can't see how anyone votes).

You did a disservice to the concept of moderation by not approving my pro-social yet critical comments on issues succh as whether Al should show his portfolio returns. My neck is getting hot on this guillotine, are you ready?

lllusion
Subject:  
I think that is because you were already banned from posting, right?

QED
Subject:  
lllusion wrote (View Post): › I think that is because you were already banned from posting, right?

I was not banned, I was put on moderation. BPAAdmin took down the arbitration thread after realizating what a hypocrite they are. It said all my posts would be subject to approval by them. It turns out that was just a way to prevent me from posting at all.

How could AL handle his shorting the bull market from 1500-2100 if he didn't have a huge account? If his strategies are derived from having a huge account rather than his strategies in the book, that is public knowledge. However this is based on the erroneous assumption Al even trades with real money. When I asked BPAAdmin on IRC what they trade with they said monopoly money.

BPAAdmin
Subject:  
Are you still here? The tribe has spoken.

macgwrite
Subject:  Re: ARBITRATION: Should QED stay or go? (an official vote)
If Al listened to rap, he could just quote this in response to it all:

"A lot of dudes came up off of a style that I made up, but if all I hear is me, then who should I be afraid of?"

Anyone got a spare banana? :lol:

BPAAdmin
Subject:  
QED doesn't quite remember our discussion correctly. He originally asked ME a question about MY trading. I answered with a joke because how I trade is irrelevant and none of his business. Of course, his typical snarky attitude came out. Here's a copy of the entire discussion of the 2014 PM:

5-16-2014 [8:13:56] <1bro> *** QED (~tackyon@=Pgj-75-796-73-083.hsd1.va.comcast.net) has joined #BrooksPriceAction
5-16-2014 [9:35:25] From: QED(0) >>>> Hi. Are you BPA Admin?
5-16-2014 [9:35:44] TO: >>>qed(0)>>> yes
5-16-2014 [9:37:12] From: QED(0) >>>> Do you day trade with real money?
5-16-2014 [9:38:24] TO: >>>qed(0)>>> I use monopoly money
5-16-2014 [9:39:59] From: QED(0) >>>> That's what I thought
5-16-2014 [9:44:53] From: QED(0) >>>> You can collect rare limited edition Monopoly sets w-the BPA sites' income without the risk of live trading, that is smart.
5-16-2014 [9:48:10] From: QED(0) >>>> These ditzy rich broads are looking for a high status trading "guru" to fawn over
5-16-2014 [9:51:38] TO: >>>qed(0)>>> you know I was joking, right?
5-16-2014 [9:52:26] From: QED(0) >>>> I know nothing

And then another PM a little over a month later:

7-8-2014 [5:12:33] <1bro> *** FatAlbert (IceChat9@=Hus-15-086-8-51.hsd1.va.comcast.net) has joined #BrooksPriceAction
7-8-2014 [5:13:29] <1bro> <FatAlbert> >> FatAlbert hey hey hey

7-8-2014 [6:13:42] From: FatAlbert(0) >>>> hi
7-8-2014 [6:17:08] TO: >>>FatAlbert(0)>>> hello
7-8-2014 [6:18:29] From: FatAlbert(0) >>>> we'd appreciate your participation in the #brookspriceaction channel, we feel you have a lot to offer the room
7-8-2014 [6:19:00] TO: >>>FatAlbert(0)>>> ummm, lol, thanks
7-8-2014 [6:19:16] TO: >>>FatAlbert(0)>>> I stay out of trading discussions
7-8-2014 [6:19:46] From: FatAlbert(0) >>>> why is that>
7-8-2014 [6:20:01] TO: >>>FatAlbert(0)>>> because I own the channel
7-8-2014 [6:20:30] TO: >>>FatAlbert(0)>>> and don't want there to be any conflict of interest with al
7-8-2014 [6:20:48] From: FatAlbert(0) >>>> what is your relation to Al - brookspriceaction.com?
7-8-2014 [6:21:34] TO: >>>FatAlbert(0)>>> I made the brookspirceaction.com website
7-8-2014 [6:21:55] TO: >>>FatAlbert(0)>>> that's my only relation to Al
7-8-2014 [6:22:06] From: FatAlbert(0) >>>> you are not the current admin of it?
7-8-2014 [6:22:11] TO: >>>FatAlbert(0)>>> I am
7-8-2014 [6:22:27] From: FatAlbert(0) >>>> I asked you as QED and you denied that
7-8-2014 [6:22:58] TO: >>>FatAlbert(0)>>> well, I don't know what to say. Can you show me the context?
7-8-2014 [6:23:30] From: FatAlbert(0) >>>> it was a similar PM context, you said you were joking after admitting some connection to al
7-8-2014 [6:23:58] TO: >>>FatAlbert(0)>>> when was that?
7-8-2014 [6:24:13] TO: >>>FatAlbert(0)>>> last year?
7-8-2014 [6:24:21] From: FatAlbert(0) >>>> no, two months ago
7-8-2014 [6:24:35] From: FatAlbert(0) >>>> you said you trade with monopoly money also
7-8-2014 [6:25:04] TO: >>>FatAlbert(0)>>> oh, yes, I remember that
7-8-2014 [6:25:29] TO: >>>FatAlbert(0)>>> you asked if I was BPA admin and I said yes
7-8-2014 [6:25:48] TO: >>>FatAlbert(0)>>> you asked if I traded with real money... and I said monopoly money
7-8-2014 [6:25:52] From: FatAlbert(0) >>>> so, Al used to come on IRC, correct?
7-8-2014 [6:26:26] TO: >>>fatalbert(0)>>> Al has never been in this channel as far as I know
7-8-2014 [6:28:10] From: FatAlbert(0) >>>> do you think al is still a profitable trader? why would he live in california if he was so profitable, unless he could get tax breaks from the income from brookspriceaction, surely no such income tax breaks would occur for day traders.
7-8-2014 [6:29:48] TO: >>>fatalbert(0)>>> I have no reason to believe he isn’t profitable. I have no clue about his financial or tax situation. I'm not sure how he would get a tax break from the income from brookspriceaction
7-8-2014 [6:32:01] From: FatAlbert(0) >>>> Ok, thank you
7-8-2014 [6:32:12] TO: >>>fatalbert(0)>>> yw

BPAAdmin
Subject:  
Quote: › You did a disservice to the concept of moderation by not approving my pro-social yet critical comments on issues succh as whether Al should show his portfolio returns. My neck is getting hot on this guillotine, are you ready?

I did what I thought was best for the site and what reflected the member's desires. The vote has confirmed that.

I've been working with Al for six years now, and even though I have only met him twice in person (and one of those times was about a two minute long elevator ride and a walk to the room he was speaking in), he has followed through on every promise he ever made to me. Not a single time has he had to say, "I'm sorry, I didn't do that," which is way more than I can say for all the times I have failed him. IMO, Al is a truly man of his word. That is very rare in this business.

Al gives exactly what he promises. He knows what he is capable of and what his limits are. Al won't be showing his P&L; he doesn't want the hassle. He doesn't read these posts. He doesn't particularly care if people believe him or not. What you get with Al is exactly what he promises. This website is free. No one is forced to pay for his webinar. No one is forced to buy his trading course (which has nothing to do with this site). Anyone who doesn't like how he trades is free to walk away at anytime. Al doesn't care if his "sales" increase... other than as a reflection that he is helping people. I totally believe that if we stopped doing the webinar at the end of the month that Al would happily continue on with life. You would all understand that if you knew what I had to go through to get him to do the webinar in the first place, with the dozens of e-mails that went back and forth, and the many months of "practice webinars" so he could do the best job possible. That's right, Al did the webinar for months with a handful of testers and didn't get paid a cent. He truly doesn't care about the money, other than being fairly compensated for his time. That's all he asked of me when we started doing the webinar. You'll notice that we don't really advertise his services on this website beyond letting people know about what is available. I told Al that I wanted this site to not be the typical commercial trading site that is always trying to sell something new. He has honored that agreement. We don't spam people, we don't have "sales", we don't lock people in for many months at a time, and we certainly don't do a "hard sell" on anything. Al honestly just wants to help people learn to trade. That is his passion.

Regarding the showing of P&Ls, I would encourage everyone to be careful about what you accept as "evidence" of anyone's trading results here. There is no way for members here to really know who is and isn't being "moral", and who is or isn't trolling people.

BPAAdmin
Subject:  
VOTE RESULTS:

I personally voted for QED in his place, not realizing he could still vote in the poll. He voted for himself, anyway. That's fine, I'll leave my vote since it makes no difference.

Olga showed up so I'm sure she voted for QED. So that is three YES votes. We also had one member with two accounts who voted twice (more on that later). I'm assuming those were YES votes for QED based on their history of comments in the past, but I have no way to confirm that so I won't make an adjustment. Then there must have been one other person with a YES vote. That makes six YES votes.

There were also two people whose votes were disqualified because they joined the site after December 2014. I believe they were both NO votes since they came in after there were already six YES votes. With that adjustment, that makes 34 NO votes.

The no votes were also heavily on the "block" side so QED's account has now been deactivated.

YES - Let QED stay and freely post. [ 6 ]
NO - But let QED continue to read the posts. [ 7 ]
NO - Block QED and let's put this behind us once and for all. [ 29 ] [ 27 ]
Total Votes : 40

If Olga would like a similar vote to be removed from moderation, I'd be happy to oblige.

I appreciate everyone who helped with this process. After five years we have never had to do this before, but I think the process worked well and reflects the desires of the active members here.

BPAAdmin
Subject:  
I'm closing this thread. It is finished.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: