Brooks Price Action :: Al Brooks Price Action Website

Brooks Price ActionWebinar DiscussionComments from Webinar Demo Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:

#76:   Author: Hephaestus Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:18 pm

Thanks, I'm using Vista Home so VPC won't work (only Pro or Ultimate). I actually found that no RDP will work on Vista Home either, so no iPhone remote desktop or VPN will work. It used to work, but MS disabled Terminal Services after sp1... Thanks a bunch Microsoft!
Sooooo, I decided to get screwed by MS once again and ponied up for Win7 Pro x64. Remote desktop from iPhone and VPC should both work now.
I'll probably convert my existing Vista installation to an image and run it as a virtual machine since I have two HDDs in my laptop.
I also had to get a patch cable as Camtasia does not recognize my sound card. Line in works fine.

#77:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Author: phani Post You have posted in this forum: Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:35 pm

BPAAdmin,

Do you have any update on recordings of Al's webinars.

BPAAdmin wrote (View Post): › I hope to have information next week on making recordings available to subscribers. There are some volunteers that have approached me on doing this. I wouldn't want to see people needlessly spend money on Camtasia all to do the same thing.

#78:   Author: Resistor Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Dec 29, 2009 4:24 pm

anyone knows of any media player that can forward to parts where Al is speaking in a recording?

or any tool that can transcribe accurately enough?

thanks

#79:   Author: Hephaestus Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Jan 01, 2010 12:40 pm

Resistor wrote (View Post): › anyone knows of any media player that can forward to parts where Al is speaking in a recording?

or any tool that can transcribe accurately enough?

thanks

I believe any video opened in Windows Movie Maker can show a visual timeline at the bottom, so you can see blank sections and fast forward over them. I'm not sure, but you may have to manually split the audio to a separate timeline. I can only go by memory though, because since i upgraded to Windows 7, it no longer has Movie Maker.

#80:   Author: Resistor Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 02, 2010 1:49 am

thanks Hephaestus - never knew this tool existed in my XP

the video displayed is horrible (I think it shrinked) and not quite viewable
but the timeline is there and shows you where the audio (wave pattern) are located

my ideal tool would be to have a fast forward button that can forward to where there is sound/speech - sounds simple but I cannot believe it is so hard to find such a feature

cheers

#81:   Author: Hephaestus Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 02, 2010 6:23 pm

Blank Skip is a really common feature on cassette decks. Not sure why you can't find a digital media player with the same feature.

#82:   Author: BPAAdmin Post You have posted in this forum: Sat Jan 02, 2010 7:05 pm

We will have edited videos this week if all goes well.

#83:   Author: Fatudno Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Jan 03, 2010 3:08 am

Hello BPAAdmin,
Can I just pay for the recording since I am still working and don't have time during the day, or if that is bundle with live webinar?
Thanks

#84:   Author: BPAAdmin Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:38 am

Fatudno wrote (View Post): › Hello BPAAdmin,
Can I just pay for the recording since I am still working and don't have time during the day, or if that is bundle with live webinar?
Thanks

They are bundled together. Since the videos are being edited by a few volunteers, we are not guaranteeing that they will be done daily, although we presume they will be.

#85:   Author: rparmar70 Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:32 pm

BPAAdmin, so recordings are available for all trading days, either the same day or later? Can we access a sample recording from the past before we decide to register? Thanks!

#86:   Author: BPAAdmin Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:41 pm

We are working out a few bugs on the recordings. They should be available the same day. I can give you access to a couple days from last week if you want. I will know Monday afternoon if Monday's video will be there Smile

#87:   Author: rparmar70 Post You have posted in this forum: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:28 pm

BPAAdmin wrote (View Post): ›
We are working out a few bugs on the recordings. They should be available the same day. I can give you access to a couple days from last week if you want. I will know Monday afternoon if Monday's video will be there Smile

Great! Please let me know when I can access them. Thanks!

#88:   Author: JonnoB Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:50 pm

Will the recorded webinars be in the "Brooks Trading Room" section of the forum?

#89:   Author: BPAAdmin Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:56 pm

It will be where the webinar link is. I will put yesterday's file in there right now.

#90:   Author: JonnoB Post You have posted in this forum: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:40 pm

Thanks to all those involved with producing the recordings. They are good.

#91:   Author: rita99 Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:18 pm

Hi: Today I became a member of the paid webinar group , entered late but the box that I had with the program did not allow me to ask questions, I clicked on every button but the question space did not show up. Why were other people able to ask questions and not me, because of first day? Thanks.
Rosa

#92:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Author: BPAAdmin Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:21 pm

The questions box is only open for a short time. We will also be cutting down the number of questions at the end of the webinar because Al is starting to lose his voice by then. You are always free to ask questions in Al's end of day summary in the forums.

#93:   Author: rparmar70 Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:55 pm

It will be where the webinar link is. I will put yesterday's file in there right now.

Can someone please post a link to the webinar? I don't know why I find it difficult to find stuff here.

#94:   Author: BPAAdmin Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:05 pm

You have to subscribe to get access.

#95:   Author: rparmar70 Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:21 pm

You have to subscribe to get access.

I thought you had said earlier that you would make one or two past recordings available for free as samples so that people can decide to subscribe based on that.

#96:   Author: rparmar70 Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:22 pm

I can give you access to a couple days from last week if you want.

This is what I was referring to.

#97:   Author: BPAAdmin Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:59 pm

rparmar70 wrote (View Post): ›
I can give you access to a couple days from last week if you want.

This is what I was referring to.

Sorry, I misunderstood. Email me in the morning and I will help you. bpaadmin@brookspriceaction.com

#98:   Author: ramps Post You have posted in this forum: Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:53 am

A superb resource, I especially appreciate and enjoy the 2hr recordings.

Since starting on Als book 4 months ago my trading has entered a final flag consolidation stage. I muck up through discipline issues mainly, and as Al has said teaching a method will not be enough to make a trader successful.

Al needs to look after his voice though I think. It is getting rough at times. The Alexander technique is helpful.

Many thanks to all involved.

#99:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Author: tulanch Post You have posted in this forum: Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:38 pm

Today I sat in on the Webinar and found it extremely eye opening. The frustrations I see during the day are taken in stride by Al - calm, cool and collective as well as patient. He is constantly reviewing each and every bar adjusting his perception of the market context, waiting for 2-3 signs to align, indicating a LRHP trade setup. And most importantly re-assessing what has occurred and providing rationale of what should typically occur. What a great way to get a second opinion of what I am thinking about or better yet, what I am unaware of and should be thinking about. Today he provided so many little insights. For example, price tends to go above the high of a doji that follows a RB - I do not have enough appendages to count how many times I have been bitten by that, yet in review of a few charts, there it is, over and over again… I believe I’ve been too busy studying the bark of trees within a forest instead of observing, how, over time, changes occur in the forest. Also worth noting, and I don't know if he does this every day but, the review at the EOD was invaluable.

Somewhere I have read to be successful at this one should study the market as well as pick a mentor. I pick Al.

#100:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Author: Profit_Warning Post You have posted in this forum: Fri Aug 13, 2010 2:51 am

Hello all,

just a few lines to tell you that I really liked the webinar and profited from it.

The only problem for me was the languge. My English is not good enough to follow all yours explications in detail, but more or less I got the most important things.

I'm sure I'm going to suscribe, I think I'll do it in the "Spanish" Trading Room in a few days (I'm taking now a couple days off). It is going to help me improving my trading for sire.

Thank's Wink
Brooks Price ActionWebinar DiscussionComments from Webinar Demo Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next  :| |:

Generated using printer-friendly.