Frequently Asked Questions.Board FAQ
Rules & DisclaimerRules&Disclaimer
Members of our staffStaff
Contact information for Al BrooksContact Us

Manage your own cookiesMy Cookies
Tell your friends about this great site.Tell A Friend
Articles
Comments from Webinar Demo

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BPAAdmin
Site Admin
222064 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 1:35 pm   Post subject:  Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

Over the past 2 months a number of people have been in the Brooks Trading Room webinar to demo it. I would like to hear what people think and to have a place where others can read it.

I will welcome any comments... positive or negative. The goal is to have a great place for people to learn Al's trading style and how it can be made better.

Thanks for those that have helped. Tomorrow there will be a decision on pricing and the possibility of a day or two for everyone to demo it.

Last edited by BPAAdmin on Thu Nov 27, 2014 6:54 am; edited 2 times in total

Download Post   
jgiera
4175 Points

United Kingdom
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I like the format of webinar. Important to let Al have time to forumlate his thoughts on the market and not overwhelm and distract him with questions. I would like to ask one maybe two questions during each session, not more, on something I don't understand at given moment, but if there is eventually many people in the room, that's not a good idea. Then Q&A with Al after session should handle questions. Q&A is an important addition to forum.

Download Post   
andre
43 Points

Germany
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:42 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hello Al

thanks a lot for your great invite on this demo, so I'm really interested on many more live trades or courses from you.

I think only the sound was sometimes a little bid terrible perhaps you can something do there?

And I wish a little bid more clarification about the different Bars, about sometimes give me so much when this, then that and then that... it's a little bid hard for some beginners in Price action readers.

I trade last five years a lot with Trendlines and this is for me very close to Price action. But I neet something like Price action to filter some failed entry's and exits. So I like your way, about it's near the reality. Also your way about 5min Time Frame, this give me more consist to trade I always fall in 1min. You teach me a lot in your to great Book last 14 day's since I buy.

Thanks Al for your real goodness

Andre Hepp
Munich -Germany-

Download Post   
m435
370 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:52 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I was allowed to attend the Live Room more than a month ago for one day only, after requesting access for several days. At the moment they were around 5 other traders there. They seem to be regulars at the Live Room because Al knew them by name. I was not allow any contact to Al. Other traders were able to ask questions in real time. I was granted access late, so I missed the opening comments.

For me I believe the traders asking questions in real time are a distraction for everyone. I was just interested in hearing Al. Also, you will be able to see Al’s charts in real time with all his notes.

If you have read and study Al’s book, the Live Room is an invaluable tool. You will see and understand in real time what you have read in the book. It is similar to going to classes, the book is your text book and the Live Room are classes, but in real time.
You will hear Al commenting on the patterns and setups he is looking at. Also, all the factors that are influencing the market at a specific moment. You won’t hear Al calling trades, something like buy here sell there.

I hope this help other traders understand what to expect at the Live room. I understand that making a decision to subscribe or not based on someone else experience is not easy. I strongly recommend that you at least try the room and make your decision.

I wish I had the opportunity to attend the Live Room more than once in the past two months. Regular traders that have been attending the Live Room daily will have more comments on the room.

Download Post   
gene
172 Points

USA US South Dakota
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 3:53 pm   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

Hi Everyone,

I was able to attend Al's Webinar Demo today and was very pleased with the format and Al's commentary along the way as he did a nice continuing update as the day progressed. This seems to be a great way for those somewhat new to trading only price action to grasp Al's concept on market activity. It was thorough and well presented. I look forward to more days like this either through invitation or subscription. I know it is difficult to handle end-of-day questions as after working in the market all session can deifinitely take its toll on ones thoughts and energy. It would be nice to have a short Q&A at days' end, but if it is too difficult to manage I certainly would understand.

Thanks

Download Post   
caltrader
1026 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:07 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I thought session was very informative and with Al being a man of few words actually helps since he wont digress to other topics.
Here are my recommendations:

1) Al to describe continuasly his oberservations, not necessarily "bar by bar" what as what he looking at, what is the pattern he is sing or expects to see. He did that today ... but to keep the pulse of the market I guess. Though today was very slow range bound day.

2) Users should be able to send their questions to a hte moderator or someone so he/she keeps them in the queue for Q&A later. Q&A real-time somehwat counter-productive ... since some people might questions what was already discussed earlier or the day before etc...waiste of time but this can be done at the end of the session.

3) I noticed Al was in the market continuesly, though did not trade but he did not take a break. Like some people stop trading at 9:00 AM PST (Cali) and come back at 11:00 AM. If Al has similiar schedule then it's a good time for a quick Q&A instead of the end of the market close because...as I remember he said he starts at 5:00 am (California) ... if he stays another hour or longer after markets close ... it'll be a very long day for many of us. But if we can quezee in Q&A session in between breaks then it'll be more dynamic and "real-time"

just my 2 pesos. Cool

Download Post   
Sam
68 Points

USA US Virginia
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:13 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I've been in the webinar twice and found it extremely helpful. To hear Al talked about what he is seeing as it develops has help solidify what I've have been learning from his book. If you want to learn the Brook's methodology, then the webinar is a must.

Well done, AL, and thanks to you and the admins.

Download Post   
dwt1020
1237 Points

USA US Texas
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:25 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have been in the Webinar 2 times, and like Sam said before, found it to be extremely helpful. It shows how to take what we learned from reading the book and in this group's live chat and put it into live action. I am really looking forward to it going live and really learning Dr Brooks method of Trading PA.

Download Post   
francispalacios
223 Points

Argentina
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:45 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hello to Al lll jj
well... I was loose at the first part of the day, because audio problems... ( little low, with interference,, etc)... then I tried to pay attention on price action, but some questions distracted me... and to Al?? maybe, because I loose M2S at 64 and 74 because I looked for some test on top of TR... ok... I prefer to ear Al without distraction... and only with our best sets up in the clear way and no much explanation...
for basics questions ... the EOD is the moment, I guess...
I hope you understand me... and I wish will no bother Al with our distractions...
sorry for my english, (it´s not my main language)
Thanks a lot to Al and All for the experience...
Francis

Download Post   
richpuer
5540 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:46 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hello.

Today, i was fortunate enough to be one of the lucky ones chosen to demo the trading room. Thank you Al, and all you hardworking admins for that!

I felt that today was indeed very educational and insightful. Al's comments were just as i expected and feel that by participating, i definitely gained new insight and reinforcement of the concepts in the book.

To be more helpful, i will list some of my likes and dislikes about the experience today. In all fairness to Al, I am only going based off of one session, today's, so i apologize in advance if i state something that isn't entirely representative of the aggregate experience.

I like the way Al mentions if he did or did not take a certain trade and the reasons behind it. There were great justifications and definitely saved me money during today's trading.

I like how Al points out certain setups and where stops should ideally be placed.

There were also several times Al would repeat key ideas for the day's trading...like "we're in a range from here to here...." It was good to have the repetition because sometimes you have to use the restroom or tend to something else and it acts as a good reinforcement and reminder of day and what to focus on (Call me crazy, but I actually called my house phone with my cell and put the comp speaker next to the phone mic when i had to go outside for a break, for fear of missing a comment...).

I like how there were individuals who were able to ask questions during the session. I would like this as well, but again, limited to 1-2 per day OR maybe set aside more time during the lunch-hr middle third of the day chop?

A specific comment made by Al in the first hr compelled me to take the trade and go long...caught 3 points on that one bar right after his comment.

DISLIKES/FUTURE IMPROVEMENTS:

The quality of sound may need some tweaking for more clarity..When the admin came on, his voice was much more clear....Now, I believe i heard the
Admin say that Al was under the weather, so maybe that was it? Its just that, at times, the questions asked sounded more clear to me than what al was saying...there were times when his voice was muffled and i had to turn the volume up really high just to make out his comments...But again, this is my first time in the session so maybe its not always the case..

Second, in regards to today's trading, specifically, Al was saying that he wouldnt take any trades in the mid-range and would wait until the mid-range stops were ran before putting on a trade...He definitely called this one and it sure saved me from trading and losing...BUT, when the stops were ran, I dont beleive i heard a comment to follow up on that...I didnt leave my comp during that time but i just watched and was waiting for a comment and just kept watching the mkt fall apart....So, im not sure if its me or something i missed, but if i didnt miss anything, i think it would have been great to have a comment in the later half of today, like...oh the scenario's changed..and go short...or something like that....am i asking for too much specifics?

I understand how specifics may lead to trouble, as i do work in the brokerage industry..but if Al could be just slightly more specific, that would be great...I just felt like he wanted to take a trade today (trade less of course), but at the end of the day, when it looked like the setup we all waited for happened, there wasnt a follow thru comment at that point....sorry for all the jabbering but i hope it makes sense...and again, this is only my first impression so maybe its NOT ALWAYS the case.

Thank you for today!

Download Post   
gabrielg74
2945 Points

Mexico
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:13 pm   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

I have been one of the lucky ones in Al's room for a while now, and in the beginning it was hard to getting used to hearing him, after a while it is easier for me to understand him. There have been some sound issues some times, but nothing terrible, and sometimes the screen gets frozen for a couple of minutes, but this seldom happens. Sometimes it is easy to get distracted with something else when Al is silent for some periods of time, and when he starts talking I may miss a few of his words, but other than that I prefer 100 times the silence when there is nothing important to say, than idle chit chat.
I like the fact that he only speaks when there is somthing important to say.

The information he provides is invaluable, if you want to learn and clarify the teachings from his book and videos. The explanations and observations in real time of the charts are excellent, but you do need a bit of study beforehand to fully understand him. It is not a beginners room, just like his book.

I have tried several live rooms before knowing Al, and there is just no comparison anywhere. If you are really interested in learning real Price Action this is the best there is.

Just my opinion,

Gabriel G.

Download Post   
Tickbanker
1682 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 5:34 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

The webinar is great and really invaluable, at least for me. I would have to agree, at times the sound was a little hard to understand and there was some feedback. An upgraded mic/headseat may cure that.

What is so cool about the room is hearing the thought behind the action. I would disagree with some on questions and answers during the day. I think a silent format is best, letting Al just do his thing. Questions live may interrupt good signals or market thoughts.

As I see it, this is the situation with the room as it stands. I find the room invaluable because I have previous experience and have read and studied Al's books, articles and Itrade webinars extensively. This format is best utilized by someone who has a sound understanding the market, read the book and studied the material. And by that I mean REALLY studied it. This is not a tool for beginners and it seems to me that Al is not interested in that market segment anyway. If it were a beginner type service, then Q&A and live teaching interaction would be a must. That means much more work for the teacher.

If the teacher is teaching he cannot be trading. That is the genius and the value of the room as it is. It is the thoughts of an actual trading doing what he does best, trading, not teaching.

Download Post   
salsamantrader
410 Points

USA US Pennsylvania
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:00 pm   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

It was my first experience in the room, so I hate to post much judgement either way. I like the quietness of just a one way production. I at times would have like to ask a question (you miss a word or two and it's missed, but I know with a roomful it would just be chaos for someone so focused.

While I generally understand most of the reading material, I did have trouble following (turning descriptions of text into visuals) some of the critical elements of bars and placements of stops and buy stops. In many of the graphs of the books, it was difficult for me, personally, to understand exactly which bar matched up with the numbers at times, therefore throwing off which is the signal bar and then entry bar. Hence my understanding of the stops and buy stops are also off. I know it is probably more a personaly issue with focus myself, but some of us do learn differently than others.

The room brings the ability to listen about a specific bar, at THAT moment. I am very good with trendlines, measured moves, wedges, legs, etc. I've got that down well I believe. But the context of consolidation bars at turning points still baffle me as to what is a good series and a bad series of bars.

I want to learn to fish, not to pay for my fish at the store. When I was young a neighbor taught me how to fix cars. It saved me from taking the bus many times over the years. In return, I have taught many young people how to do the same. Hopefully, in the future I can save others from the ruin that I have done myself in the trading world. And I think Al can do it.

Download Post   
gahome
185 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 6:02 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Thank you very much for your invitation today to join your demo trading room. I found this room is very useful for me to learn Dr. Brook’s method. I have a lot of questions after reading Dr. Brook’s book; however, I got some of my questions answered from attending this demo. I believe if I continue to listen to Dr. Brook’s webinar, I will be able to get all of question answered. I definitely will subscribe to this trading room when it becomes available.

I would like to express my feeling about today’s trading room. I have a lot of same feelings as some of the traders who attended the webinar today.

Things that I liked:
1. Dr. Brook only spoke when there was information to commutate to us.
2. Dr. Brook explained to us which signals should be taken and which signals should be avoid and why.

Things that I dislike:
1. Q & A in the room caused distraction.
2. Dr. Brook’s voice was a little hard to hear. It was a little low. I am not sure if he didn’t speak directly into the microphone, or there was other technical issue.

Suggestions:
1. Short Q & A during lunch time or after market hour.
2. Should limit people to ask questions during market hour.

Download Post   
fuzzy
1881 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 7:18 pm   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

I found the live webinar room very helpful. I really like the market insight he provided. We all can find setups to trade. It's the bad trades that separate the winners and failures. The most valuable thing I found today in the live demo room is Al kept reminding us when not to trade so that we can avoid bad trades.

Download Post   
leont
58 Points

USA US Florida
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:22 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

i was only able to listen in for a day. i don't think it would be enough for an opinion. as always, al remains a person of interest to me.

Download Post   
green
31 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:56 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Anybody can do an End of Day analysis and claim to be an expert but seeing and listening to Al do it live confirmed that he's the real deal. It was a tremendous help and I'm greatful for the opportunity. Please do not clutter it up with live Q & A.
Thanks to Al and Admin

Download Post   
CJF2626
78 Points

USA US Ohio
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 8:58 pm   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

I have been able to be in the room for the last several weeks and have cherished every moment. I have read Al’s book and this is a valuable continuation of that learning. The commentary during the day points out, practically, where the concepts discussed in the books happen in reality. Everyone eventually will have to make the decision to enter a trade on their own and in their own style, taking into account their own capacity for risk. So I do not worry so much as to someone actually telling me when to trade. What I find the most valuable is the interpretation of the market as the price action is telling us. This then will lead to grasping the risk that is involved, which then ultimately leads to the personal decision to enter a trade or not. Thus this format that Al has been doing, is ideal for me and I am grateful for him taking his time and doing this for myself and others. Al must be able to get the things he needs done first and thus others must come second. We all need to respect that. I would opt for just a handful of questions after the market closes to recap or make clarifications which should be monitored by an admin type person.

Thanks again Al for your time and looking forward to things to come. Also thanks to the admins of this site for all your help in setting this up.

Download Post   
nini
1150 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:13 pm   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

I have been in Al's webinar from the beginning. I feel like I am the most fortunate person to have a chance to learn directly from a great trader. I have read his book many times and introduced it to many of my trading friends. But reading the book is simply not enough for me. Going to Al’s webinar is like going to a class and seeing how the professor makes sense of all the materials in the book. Some people (like Al himself) may be able to be self-taught from a textbook, but for me, it is extremely helpful to have someone to explain everything to me.

Trading is like driving in a fog. Al is a great driver and I am a fortunate passenger to watch how he navigates through it. I am amazed at how good he is. In the beginning I was an excited scalper, taking almost every setup I could find. I even wrote on the forum asking Al to write more about extreme scalping. Gradually, I learned from him how to weed out the low probability setups. After about two months in Al’s webinar, I have been able to greatly improve my profitability and most of all my confidence.

To me, Al is a very good teacher who is willing to share his trading experience and knowledge. He always helps me by answering my questions and explaining the concepts behind setups in a clear manner. Thus I wholeheartedly thank him for the help he has given me. AL gave me a great gift, he gave me the gift of knowledge that nobody can take away. I recommend Al’s live trading room to everyone who wants to become a better trader and see for themselves.

Download Post   
BuyYourFreedom
31 Points

USA US New Mexico
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 9:51 pm   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

The only suggestion I have would be to improve the audio. At times I was struggling to hear and understand what Al was pointing out. It could be an inferior microphone or something as simply as asking him to speak a little louder. Other than that I enjoyed the room immensely. Well done.

BYF

Download Post   
OCSteve
488 Points

USA US California
PostYou have posted in this forum: Thu Dec 03, 2009 11:27 pm   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

Live commentary where Al discusses the PA without distractions is the best way to learn from him, and to leave Al to his natural personal trading, while we "look over his shoulders". Al's description of the live price action and the risk involved (BW vs 50-50 vs 70% trades) ultimately leads us to the personal decision to enter a trade or not. We will have to learn to make the decision to enter a trade in our own style and capacity for risk. I view Al's commentary as a "guide" to unfolding PA possibilities and their associated risk. I support keeping this webinar as simple as possible.

Download Post   
Nummer
203 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 04, 2009 6:06 am   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

I thoroughly enjoyed the demo on Thursday and thought Al's style was fantastic and informative and very useful during live market action. I enjoyed the no extraneous chit chit that you typically get with most chat rooms. I have read Al's Book three times bought and given away as gifts about 15 copies of the book and I have gone over his articles and Futures Magazine workshop recordings many, many times in an attempt to master Al's trading methodog. I understand you have to limit questions from the audience to keep the chat room moving forward in a very business like manner, but I found it a little frustrating that I was not allowed to ask Al a few questions when I could hear other people doing so. During the day, there were about two or three times where I wanted to ask Al Something about what he said on the chart. Perhaps in the future we could find a way to balance the two. Overall, it was a great experience.

Download Post   
CheRico
165 Points

USA US Michigan
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:29 am   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

My experience in the room the past two days broadly supports the joys-and-concerns expressed by others. In short, it appears that the form and content Al presents now has converged on what it will be once the subscription service is opened, and I for one would plan to enroll.

Repeated practice is key for developing skills such as those required for trading, and the pithy no-nonsense commentary Al provides is ideal.

The issue of interactivity might best be incorporated by having someone in the role of facilitator to meter real time requests to Al. Also, as members of this community gain expertise, perhaps Al would enjoy taking a day off each week, and advanced students could cover such a day. No, I'm not in that category (yet)...

Universal salutation: "Thanks Al !"

Download Post   
TrendHunter
26 Points

USA US Arizona
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:51 am   Post subject:  Re: Comments from Webinar Demo Back to top 

thanks for letting me attend a webinar...i found it very helpful

Download Post   
CozyK
1609 Points

USA
PostYou have posted in this forum: Fri Dec 04, 2009 12:18 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

I have been fortunate to attend the webinar a few times. It has been a superb experience to listen to Al in realtime as the day plays out. If you are looking for someone to call trades all day you are in the wrong place, that's not what this is about. But if you are looking for someone to make ongoing observations of market structure, in other words help make sense of the market as the day unfolds, then the webinar is an essential addition to the book. Even better, what it does is bring the book to life, and I sincerely thank Al and the admins for creating this trading "room".

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic