Frequently Asked Questions.Board FAQ
Rules & DisclaimerRules&Disclaimer
Members of our staffStaff
Contact information for Al BrooksContact Us

Manage your own cookiesMy Cookies
Tell your friends about this great site.Tell A Friend
Articles
Difference in charts

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic
BNolan302
106 Points

USA US Tennessee
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:44 am   Post subject: Question Difference in charts Back to top 

Today is my first day in Al's Trading Room and I cannot understand the difference in our charts. I have put them side by side and taken a screenshot below in the link below. The most upsetting factor is the incredible difference in the 20 Bar EMA location. My chart obviously has pre market open bars and Al's does not. Maybe there is a way to turn this off but the market was open before 8:30am CST. I double checked a second broker with TD Ameritrade but my main broker is AMP and I trade on TradingView. Any insight would be greatly appreciated!

Download Post   
ludopuig
15839 Points

Spain
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 03, 2020 9:54 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

yes, you need to adjust your platform trading hours to start at the open, so not pre-market open.

Once done both charts should be the same...

Download Post   
BNolan302
106 Points

USA US Tennessee
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 03, 2020 10:56 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

ludopuig wrote (View Post): › yes, you need to adjust your platform trading hours to start at the open, so not pre-market open.

Once done both charts should be the same...

Thank you for your reply!

I don't see a way to change this setting in TradingView and although I wouldn't mind the change even on Al's screen you can see the EMA was way below the the first many bars so it's obviously using prior data as is mine. I can only assume that mine is using the data just prior to market open where Al's is using the Friday market close to plot the EMA. If anyone else has any insight or would know how to make this change in TradingView any and all comments and ideas are welcome!

Thank you!

Download Post   
ludopuig
15839 Points

Spain
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:00 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

Yes, I can confirm you Al is using the last bars of Friday while you are using the pre-market open bars so the EMA is going to be different for the first 1-2 hours.

Unfortunately, I haven't used tradingview so no clue if or how to do it... hope somone here does and can tell.

Download Post   
BNolan302
106 Points

USA US Tennessee
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 03, 2020 11:37 am   Post subject:   Back to top 

ludopuig wrote (View Post): › Yes, I can confirm you Al is using the last bars of Friday while you are using the pre-market open bars so the EMA is going to be different for the first 1-2 hours.

Unfortunately, I haven't used tradingview so no clue if or how to do it... hope somone here does and can tell.

Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate it!

Download Post   
dcy
749 Points

Canada
PostYou have posted in this forum: Mon Aug 03, 2020 5:26 pm   Post subject:   Back to top 

Hi, I have the same issue with you and ask TradingView about it on Jan this year. Below is their reply. It's been 7 months now and the custom session suggested has not been done. Maybe more members making the request will speed things up.

We set trading hours in accordance with the exchange specifications: https://www.cmegroup.com/trading/equity-index/us-index/e-mini-sandp500_contract_specifications.html At the moment there is no option to limit the time that the charts display (for futures). Therefore, switching the "ext" button does not change anything. This also applies to the Hang Seng Index Futures. We have custom sessions in our plans, this feature will solve the issue. Kind regards.

Download Post   

Jump to:   

View previous topic View printer-friendly version Search Display number of posts for each poster in this topic Export topic thread to a text file View next topic